Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Los Papás Johnson Come to México

The second week in December, I had the great privilege of hosting my parents in Mexico for five days. It was a treat to be able to introduce them to my friends; show them the university where I work and some of my favorite spots in Mexico City, Cuernavaca and the nearby town of Tepotzlán; share with them a sampling of the exceptionally delicious Mexican cuisine; and give them a taste of my Mexican life. Here's are some highlights of our time together...



Mom and Dad enjoying some ice cream in my favorite Mexico City neighborhood of Coyoacán.



With Covenant friends Tom and Janice Kelly at the restaurant El Cardenal in Mexico City.



A beautiful variation on the chili relleno - just one of the many delicious tastes on our Mexican food tour.


With my good friends Riley and Jaime at a fantastic restaurant in Mexico City called La Tecla.



In my apartment in Cuernavaca.



I had fun showing Mom and Dad around my hometown, the City of Eternal Springtime



Love you, Mom!





With my Cuernavacan friend, Jorge.



Getting my favorite Mexican drink, a michelada (a cold and spicy drink with beer, lime juice and several hot sauces), with Mom and Molly in the neighboring town of Tepotzlán.



Sending them off at Benito Juarez International Airport in Mexico City. That same day I left with my friend Molly on a two and half week backpacking trip through southern Mexico and Guatemala (trip pictures will be posted soon).

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for coming to visit me! I'm looking forward to more friends and family who will be coming to visit in the coming months. ¡Todos tienen la bienvendida!

2 comments:

  1. It's also great you all got to see the Kellys. Thanks for posting these great photos. They look as comfortable in Mexico as you do.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how FUN!!! I bet your parents loved every second of their trip. And you, pretty lady, are absolutely radiant! So happy you're following your heart and pursuing your dreams...you deserve the best! Great post! <3

    ReplyDelete